There are some things we all take for granted, but someone had to invent them.
I am really glad for:
- Air conditioning I may live in a mostly cool climate, but it can get hot here. It gets especially hot in my computer lab. It took 7 years for me to convince someone that I needed a/c in there and it has made all the difference. I am actually in a better mood during the heat waves.
- Reach dental floss holders I hate flossing my teeth. It is not a lot of fun for me to stick my fingers in my mouth. I floss every day now. My flosser is pink and his is blue. We also have a purple one that neither of us has used.
- Indoor plumbing When it isn’t so hot that you need a/c, it is so cold that you need a down parka. I am thankful every day that I don’t have to go outside to p.
- DVR For someone who does a lot of plays, it is great to be able to record “appointment TV” like LOST and Grey’s and watch it later. I hated messing around with tapes and the DVR is awesome.
- iPods Our local radio station got bought last year and when they changed over the owners got rid of the 2 great DJs that had been there over 20 years. I hate the new morning guy, so I really only listen for the local news. The rest of the time I listen to NPR on my iPod in the car.