365 Less Things has inspired me to get rid of my stuff. My stuff I don’t need. My stuff I don’t use. My stuff I don’t even remember I have. She has listed mini missions and weekly missions. I am not entirely sure how it is all going to work, but I am going to try to keep up with it. I am also going to try hard to keep up with my household routines.
This was the week’s mission list and what I did:
- Saturday – Find something that can be used up but has been hanging about in your home for too long and start using it up. This could be moisturizer, something from the pantry, a note pad etc. I have a ton of journals, note pads, post-it pads. I am taking several in to school to use in my classroom.
- Sunday – Time to visit your book stash again there must be two books that are out of date or unlikely to be read again. Put them in the donation box. Didn’t do it.
- Monday – Evaluate your plastic storage containers are there some you could declutter? Tupperware sells on eBay you know. There are probably some that have seen better days to or ones with missing lids these are seldom used and are probably ready for the recycling bin. Threw away a couple of pieces.
- Tuesday – Go to a storage area of your home (the garage, a closet or drawer for instance) that you rarely use things from there must be one item of clutter you can delete. Collected some Christmas items for give away.
- Wednesday – Now that Christmas is over and birthdays are on the way gather all of your greeting cards, gift wrap etc. together in one place. Weed out what you will never use and discard. Boxed up some Christmas cards I won’t send now that I make my own photo cards.
- Thursday – Go and find 1 “I might need it one day” item that you haven’t “needed” for years and put it in your donations box. Didn’t do it.
- Friday – Declutter one item from your closet that you know you didn’t use last season. Four bags ready to go.