This spring my little guy started finger painting at school. We have 2 big paintings from the first time he ever finger painted and we are going to have them framed, but he came home with several other sheets of paper covered with his cute little handprints and I couldn’t throw them away. Then my husband’s grandmother moved into a nursing home near us. All the other doors on her hall are covered with pictures and art, and I wanted (Great)Gramma’s door to look pretty too. I spied the paintings and project was born.
- finger painted picture with mostly handprints
- green paper, it’s Crayola printer paper, but any green paper would do
- tape (I couldn’t find a glue stick)
I carefully cut around the handprints so they looked a little like mittens and a large piece became a vase.
Then I grabbed my green paper and cut some random strips for stems. I didn’t want them all to be perfect so I used the scissors instead of a paper cutter. I also freehand cut leaves out of the rest of the paper. I tried to do varying sizes.
The whole time Bug was watching me from his holding pen. I knew what would happen if I let him “help”.
For me, the last part was the hardest. I matched stems to flowers and then had to figure out how to arrange them in the vase. I wanted some over lap, but not too much. Once I got them arranged I taped them to the back of the vase and added the leaves.
They were a big hit with (Great) Gramma and now her door looks a little more welcoming.