I am going to try again to post for a whole month.
I am having the Sunday evening blues. I have a hard time getting excited about going to school on Mondays. And even worse, I have a parent meeting tomorrow at 8:00. This wouldn’t be so bad, except I have been getting to school at 8:15. I guess Tumblebug and I will have to be ready a bit earlier tomorrow.
Our little Wild Thing had his first Halloween. We trick or treated at my parents’ house and 2 of their neighbors. He looked so cute. I will have to take some better pictures this week, but here he is:
I made the costume myself. Well, mostly. I bought white footed pajamas from the Gap. I bought them in a 6-12 month so he can wear them all winter (when I remove the tail).
I bought a yard of white felt and had some leftover yellow and white with glitter from other projects. I also use 2 brown pipe cleaners and 2 white ones.
I used a pattern I found at Instructables.com to make his hood. I reduced it to 60% before printing, but it was too small. Then I made one at 75% and it was a little too big. Used up my only dark colored pipe cleaners on the first one, so I colored the white ones with a black dry erase marker.
I stayed up 2 nights sewing the hood. Not that I haven’t had all the fabric for weeks. Once I figured out the first one was too small, I knew I had to make another, but the first one came out so perfectly, I couldn’t cannibalize it so I left the whiskers.
I sewed little triangles of felt to the fingers and toes of the sleeper. I also made a little crown out of the yellow and glittery felt to sew onto the chest (over a little bear).
Then I got really crazy and made a larger crown and sewed it to a plain bib. I used a crown clipart that I found on Google images.
I told my husband that in the future costumes must be chosen and materials procured by my long weekend in late October. Even though I have had the sleeper since September and the fabric since early October, the procrastinator in me left it to the last minute.