Mister Teacher at Learn Me Good tagged me for a meme. I am really excited to do it, because no one ever tags me. Thanks Mister! Edit: I have also been tagged by Ms. Whatsit. So have to get it done.
I’ve got to tell you 8 random things about myself. This always sound easy until you get to, like, number 5 and you run out of stuff. Mister Teacher didn’t take it very seriously, but I am not creative enough to lie.
1. When I was 14 I got a subclavian blood clot I had to spend a week in the hospital on a Heparin drip and then take Coumadin for 3 months. Fun right? Not so much. But at least I got to introduce myself to my new neighbor like this, “You might not remember me, but you were my doctor when I had a blood clot at 14.” “Of course I remember you Lady S.” It’s a great conversation starter.
2. Except for when I went to college, I have always lived in the same town. In fact, until we bought our house, I lived in 3 places within less than a mile of each other. I still on live a nile from my parents.
3. My third favorite holiday (after my birthday and Christmas) is the Fourth of July. I was going to blog about it this year, but this week has been nuts.
4. I have worked on 2 world premiere musicals and have another coming up in the spring.
5. I work across the street from a Nuclear Power plant and I don’t mind it at all.
6. I was the second runner up in a (very) local pageant. I did a cobbled together monologue from Antigone.
7. I got into my first choice college, but they wouldn’t give me enough money to afford it. I went to my second choice and was very happy there. The only thing I would change about it is its location. If I had it to do over, I would probably apply here.
8. When I was a little kid (3, I think) I counted like this: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-9-10-11 and wondered why I had 11 fingers and my mom said she had 10.
Most people I read have already done this meme, so I am tagging everyone else.